Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Yay! Something to do!

I wrote the last post this morning, but did not have a chance to post it until now. However, since the post, I got word that tomorrow I will be going to a court hearing. The hearing deals with a youth in our program who was living with her aunt. The aunt has not been a great influence and has not given the youth an appropriate living environment (ex: the youth does not have her own room, and the aunt has had problems with alcohol abuse). This court hearing is to determine whether or not the aunt has been following the suggestions given to her by DSS in order to get custody of the youth.

Also, my supervisor just told me I will be conducting a home study of my own, beginning in the next week or two. This process includes 4-5 visits with potential foster parents. On the first visit, I will shadow my supervisor. On the second visit, I will lead the interview in front of her. Then if we both agree I am ready, I will do the remaining visits on my own.

And lastly, on Monday, I may finally get to meet a youth who is coming into our program... keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments: